We offer a blend of online and face to face courses.
How to enrol
To enrol in the Wokingham Recovery College:
- Complete our online registration form
- Alternatively, you can download and fill in a registration form (Word document) or registration form (PDF document)
- Email your completed registration form to: email@example.com
Or, you can post your registration form to:
Wokingham Recovery College
1st Floor, The Old Forge
45-47 Peach Street
If you need help filling out the registration form, call us on 0118 989 0707 and we will support you.
Who we are
Wokingham Recovery College offers free mental health and wellbeing training courses. We support everyone through their recovery journey and advise those who wish to learn more.
Our tutors have professional and real-world experience of mental and physical health challenges. They include staff peers and mental health professionals.
Wokingham Recovery College is a safe space where you can be yourself, free from judgement. By sharing your stories and experiences, you can bring your own expertise to the classroom.
What we do
We run co-produced courses that focus on recovery. The college aims to help people become experts in their own self-care and enable family, friends and staff to better understand mental health.
Our courses are grouped into 4 main categories, which provides students with the option to focus on particular areas:
- Wellbeing - supports a better understanding of your mental health and teaches skills for self-management. Includes a support group for those who hear voices and a support group for carers of those with mental health needs
- Life skills - aims to increase knowledge of life skills in terms of cooking, finances, housing etc.
- Creativity - allows you to explore your creative side through various mediums
- Next steps - designed for students who are further into their recovery and feel ready to explore next steps such as employment and volunteering
Who can take part
Anyone over 18 years old can access our courses.