[Skip to content]

Council Tax bands

Council Tax bands

Find your Council Tax band

Find your Council Tax property band by entering your postcode into the Council Tax band search on the Valuation Office Agency website.

How much Council Tax will I have to pay?

Adult Social Care precept (extra tax)

The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government has made an offer to Adult Social Care authorities. ('Adult social care authorities' are local authorities which have functions under Part 1 of the Care Act 2014, namely county councils in England, district councils for an area in England for which there is no county council, London borough councils, the Common Council of the City of London and the Council of the Isles of Scilly.)

The offer is the option of an Adult Social Care authority being able to charge an additional 'precept' on its Council Tax for financial years from the financial year beginning in 2016 without holding a referendum, to assist the authority in meeting expenditure on adult social care. Subject to the annual approval of the House of Commons, the Secretary of State intends to offer the option of charging this 'precept' at an appropriate level in each financial year up to and including the financial year 2019 to 2020.

Parish precepts (extra taxes) and leaflets

Parish precepts are additional taxes charged on each property to fund the town or parish council. The precepts are used to fund activities that benefit your community. Read the documents below for a list of parish precepts.

Useful websites

For more information about Council Tax and Parish Councils, Police and Crime Commissioner Thames Valley or the Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, visit the websites below:

Was this page useful?
Back to top