[Skip to content]

Food and fuel

Food and fuel

Household Support Fund

There's help available if you can't afford food or other essentials. Apply for the Household Support Fund if you're struggling.

Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding

The Government is launching the Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding scheme in January. This will help people who use alternative fuels like heating oil. 

It will also help those who don't have a direct relationship with an energy supplier, like park homes, some rented home tenants, caravans, houseboats or people who live in care homes. We will publish and promote more information on this when we have it from the Government.

Get food if you're struggling

If you are struggling to buy food contact One Front Door, a service led by Citizens Advice Wokingham that helps residents find the most appropriate local support.

Use their online referral form, or call  0808 278 7958, Monday to Friday.

In this section


Citizens Advice - One Front Door

Get advice and a referral to a local food or fuel bank


Warm Home Discount

See if you qualify for a £140 discount on your electricity bill


Winter Fuel Payment

Support for over 65s with paying heating bills


Cold Weather Payment

Get support when the weather is particularly cold


Help to heat scheme

Lower your fuel bills by making your home more energy efficient


Healthy start 

Vouchers to help buy milk, fruit and veg


Free school meals

Find out about support for children


Holiday, activity and food programme

Free activities and food for your children in school holidays

Give website feedback

Back to top