[Skip to content]

Report a serious concern / whistleblowing

Report a serious concern / whistleblowing

Suspicions of serious wrong-doing

We make every effort to deal fairly and honestly in how we provide our services.

However there may be times when you think there is something seriously wrong with:

  • How one of our services is provided or received
  • The actions of one of our employees, contract providers or Councillors

This might be unlawful conduct, financial malpractice or dangerous activity.

For example:

  • Fraud in, on, or by the Council
  • Taking, offering or suggesting bribes
  • Unauthorised use public funds
  • Physical, emotional or sexual abuse
  • Not following legal obligations
  • Endangering someone's health and safety
  • Damaging the environment
  • Not following financial or contractual rules
  • Favouring a contractor or job applicant
  • Not reporting performance data accurately
  • Neglecting people in care

How to report a serious concern / whistleblow

How we treat reports

We know you might find it difficult to raise a serious concern with us. So however you choose to tell us your concerns we will treat them on a 'need-to-know' basis. 

Because of this we'd encourage you to put your name to any concern raised.

It's much more difficult for us to look in to anonymous concerns and let you know how they're being dealt with, or to protect you if you need protection.

Concerns raised anonymously will be considered at our discretion.

Other complaints

If you have a complaint with the service you receive that isn't a serious concern visit how to complain.

Was this page useful?
Back to top