Last updated:

22nd January 2024

Educational support for young people aged 16+

We make sure that all young people and their parents or carers get the information, advice, and support they need when moving on from school into:

  • Further education
  • Training
  • Employment
  • Adult Social Care Services

If you have an  Education, Health, and Care Plan it will be reviewed at least once a year. From the age of 14, these reviews should focus more on moving on to college, training, or finding a job. Find out more on the reviewing Education, Health, and Care Plans page. 

You can request support from the Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS).

Young people talk about education

The NHS through the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care Board (BOB ICB) co-produced this video with local young people who are neuro-divergent, including those with a learning disability or autism.

Further information about this video and other similar videos can be found on the BOB ICB website.

Education and training options

To find education and training options once you're 16, visit our:

SEND Local Offer directory

Give website feedback