[Skip to content]

Report a concern about a child

Report a concern about a child

If you are worried about a child or young person you should tell us immediately. Children and their parents may need urgent help.

Who to contact

If you believe a child is in immediate danger call the Police on 999.

To report other concerns about a child: 

We should be alerted to all cases where it is alleged that a person who works with children has

  • Behaved in a way that has harmed or may have harmed a child.
  • Possibly committed a criminal offence against children or related to a child.
  • Behaved towards a child in a way that indicates he or she is unsuitable to work with children.

Report your concerns

Report your concerns to the Local Authority Designated Officer:

The role applies to

  • Paid or unpaid workers
  • Volunteers
  • Casual workers
  • Agency workers
  • People who are self employed

The Local Authority Designated Officer is involved from the first stage of an allegation to the end of the case.

We will

  • Offer advice and guidance
  • Make sure we share information with the right people
  • Monitor investigations to make sure they are resolved as quickly as possible

Report an allegation if you're a professional

To notify us of an allegation, please complete our: 

Berkshire West Safeguarding Children Partnership logo

If you're professional, go to the Berkshire West Safeguarding Children Partnership page to find out what to do.

Give website feedback

Back to top