[Skip to content]

Ask for family support

Ask for family support

Getting help and advice from us

If your family are experiencing difficulties, or feel you might need some extra support we may be able to help you. A worker can talk to you to see what kind of help you and your family might need.

Sometimes someone who works with you and your family might think you need some extra help. This could be a GP, teacher or health visitor. If they do, they will talk to you first so you're aware of what's going on.

How to ask for support

You can call 0118 908 8002 or email triage@wokingham.gov.uk to speak to someone. 

  • A worker will ask your family some questions to find out what sort of help and support you might need
  • We will then agree together what needs to be done to ensure that the right sort of help is put in place for you and your family

Local Offer logo

Who to talk to about social care help and support for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).

If your child has a disability go to our assessments for children with a disability page.

If you think your child needs extra support with education, go to our special educational needs pages.

Further information can be found on our who to contact for advice and guidance web page.

If you are worried about a child or young person you should tell us immediately. Children and their parents may need urgent help.

Who to contact

Call 999 in an emergency if you believe a child is in immediate danger

Berkshire West Safeguarding Children Partnership logo

Visit the Berkshire West Safeguarding Children Partnership website for information and advice on what is abuse, staying safe and how to report any concerns you may have about an adult working with children.

Advice and support

If you need help as a parent or carer their are a number of local and national organisations who offer advice and support.

Search our children and families directory to find a services who can support your family.

If you are a young person visit our young people's section of our website to find information and advice.

Young carers can find support information on our young carers web page.

Emotional and mental health support

Visit our emotional and mental health support web pages to find local and national support services including online tools and apps:   

 Information on mental health support for adults can be found by searching our community directory.

Local Offer logo

The Wokingham Local Offer

If you have a child (0 to 25) with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) visit the Wokingham Borough Local Offer for information about what support is available in the local area.

If you are a young person with SEND visit our Local Offer guide for young people web page.

Are you living in fear of someone you know? Is your partner, ex-partner or a family member hurting you or making you feel afraid? You are not alone. You can get help.

Visit our domestic abuse web page for information on organisations and services who can help you.

Give website feedback

Back to top