[Skip to content]

Search for health and wellbeing services - adults

Search for health and wellbeing services - adults

Seeking advice if you have a minor illness

If you have a minor illness you can speak to your local pharmacist who will be able to give treatment advice. You can also ask the pharmacist questions about your prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines.

Visit the NHS website to find out more about the advice services on offer through a pharmacy. Information on the advice services can also be downloaded from the NHS website in large print and easy read format.

How to help stop the spread of the winter vomiting bug (norovirus)

  • No visits to hospitals, care homes and GP surgeries if you are suffering from symptoms of norovirus – send someone else to visit loved ones until you are better
  • Once you’ve been symptom-free for at least 48 hours, you’re safe to return to  work, school or visit hospitals and care homes
  • Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water, especially after using the toilet, and before eating or preparing food
  • Only hand-washing will prevent spread of norovirus – alcohol hand gels don't kill the virus        

For further information read our keeping warm and well web page.

Use the search boxes below to find health and wellbeing services.


The inclusion of any company / society / group / person’s within the directory should not be used as a recommendation of that company / society / group / person’s name products and / or services.

We'd advise that before you use any service not provided by Wokingham Borough Council listed you follow the advice on checks to make before using services.

Was this page useful?
Back to top