[Skip to content]

Search for community organisations and services

Search for advice, support and information services

Following guidance from the Government with regard to the coronavirus (COVID-19), before attending any activities, drop in or event listed on our directory, please contact the organisation who is running the activity to ensure it is still taking place.

Domestic abuse

Are you living in fear of someone you know? Is your partner, ex-partner or a family member hurting you or making you feel afraid? You are not alone. You can get help.

Visit our domestic abuse web page for information on organisations and services who can help you.

Report suspected adult abuse

If you are concerned about the welfare of a vulnerable adult you should report the abuse.

Safeguarding adults board

You can find more information about abuse and safeguarding on the West of Berkshire Safeguarding Adults Board website.

What is a needs assessment?

An assessment means we meet you and talk about your situation. We'll ask you some questions about your wellbeing and how you're managing in your daily life so that we can think about what help and support you might need.

Anyone over the age of 18 who asks for a social care needs assessment has the right to have one.

Go to our needs assessment web page to find out how to request an assessment.

Carers' assessment

A carer is somebody who cares for a friend or family member, who is over 18 years of age.

The person they care for usually needs support due to their age, illness, disability, substance misuse or mental health problem and couldn't manage without this help. If this applies to you, you can ask for a carers assessment. 

Visit our carers assessment web page to find out how to apply for an assessment.

The following service provides advice and support to people diagnosed with dementia, their carers, families and friends: 


The inclusion of any company / society / group / person’s within the directory should not be used as a recommendation of that company / society / group / person’s name products and / or services.

We'd advise that before you use any service not provided by Wokingham Borough Council listed you follow the advice on  checks to make before using services.

Give website feedback

Back to top