Uplift process 2019 to 2020
We remain committed to working with providers to try to meet the true cost for delivery of care, whilst ensuring that services are commissioned efficiently and effectively. Providers of statutory services have the opportunity to apply for an uplift in fees for services they currently deliver to Wokingham Borough Council customers via a Wokingham contract. Providers have until noon on Monday 18 February 2019 to submit their uplift request.
Whilst inviting you to apply for an uplift please note that the outcome will be dependent on the budget approval process.
How to apply
If you deliver a statutory care service to a customer through a Wokingham Borough Council contract, and you believe that the current fee we pay you will not meet the actual true cost of the care being provided from April 2019 you will need to apply to the Council using the instructions below.
The procedure is as follows:
- Download the appropriate financial template - Nursing, Residential Care (Older People), Residential Care (Learning Disability/Mental Health), Supported Living, Domiciliary Care, Day Care, Outreach/Floating/Community Support Services
- Return the fully completed template and a copy of the most recent invoice for all customers for whom you are applying for an uplift for by noon on Monday 18 February 2019 to the ASCMailbox Commissioning Support Team mailbox: CommissioningSupportTeam@wokingham.gov.uk
- The People Commissioning Team will support the evaluation process to assess your uplift request(s). This will involve a benchmarking exercise and be in line with current legislation
- Following the evaluation process the Uplift Panel will make recommendations for uplift awards
- The recommendations will receive final sign off from the Senior Management Team (Adult Social Care)
- Providers will be notified of the outcome by the end of May 2019
Deadline for applications - Noon 18 February 2019
To ensure that the Council is able to budget adequately for 2019 to 2020, we will not be in a position to consider any submissions received after the deadline of noon on Monday 18 February 2019. This will be the only opportunity for your service(s) to be considered for an inflationary uplift for the 2019 to 2020 financial year.
If additional funding is required due to a change in need or because a revised care package is required, call 0300 365 1234 and arrange for the customer to have a re-assessment of need.
If you have any queries regarding the uplift submission, call the People Commissioning Team on 0118 908 8368, or email firstname.lastname@example.org