Occupational Therapist will review information
The Occupational Therapist will review all information now available against the Blue Badge eligibility criteria and one of the following decisions will be made:
- Overturn the original decision if, based on the new evidence supplied, you are assessed as eligible for a Blue Badge
- If you are applying under a physical criteria and you have not already attended for a Mobility Assessment, a Mobility Assessment may be offered. The assessment will be undertaken by an expert assessor. (We will contact you to arrange a convenient date and time for the assessment to take place)
- If you are applying under a non–physical (non-visible, ‘hidden’) criteria, only in exceptional circumstances will certification be required by an expert assessor. (We will contact you to arrange a convenient date and time for the assessment to take place)
- If eligibility is not fully established, your application will be passed to a second Occupational Therapist for an independent review and one of the following decisions will be made:
- Authorise the Blue Badge
- Uphold the original decision if based on the evidence supplied, you are assessed as clearly still not eligible for a Blue Badge
Decision in writing within 28 days
Once one of the above actions has been undertaken, you will be informed of our decision in writing within 28 days.
If it has been decided that you are now eligible to receive a Blue Badge, the Blue Badge Team will process the application and you will be informed when your badge will be sent to you.