Last updated: 20 August
Additional Restrictions Grant - Phase 3
We are pleased to announce the re-opening of the discretionary grant phase 3 scheme for a second time.
All businesses that are trading and meet other eligibility criteria (as contained within the Covid-19 additional restrictions grant policy (PDF document) may apply to receive funding under this scheme.
Applications will be considered from businesses that were trading after 4 November 2020 and have not already received a discretionary Grant under Phase 3 or have previously applied but been refused. You must demonstrate how your business continues to be severely impacted by the Covid-19 restrictions due to the revised ‘Road Map’ (June / July) and can provide evidence to support this.
It is essential that you take the time to read our Covid-19 additional restrictions grant policy (PDF document) before completing the grant application form. We are noticing that a number of businesses are applying even though they do not meet our criteria.
The discretionary grants will continue to be paid from within the allocated funds on a first come, first served basis.
Apply for a Covid-19 additional restrictions grant.
Business Rates support
As part of his Budget announcement on 3 March 2021, the Chancellor stated that the Government would provide additional business rates support for eligible retail, hospitality, leisure, and nursery businesses in England occupying a qualifying property.
As a temporary measure for 2021 to 2022, he announced that:
- The Expanded Retail Discount (2020/21) will be extended for 3 months for eligible properties, at 100 percent relief, uncapped, for the period 1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021
- From 1 July 2021 to 31 March 2022, the Expanded Retail Discount would apply at 66 percent relief for eligible properties in the scheme, with a cash cap of £2 million for businesses that were required to close as of January 2021, and up to £105,000 for businesses permitted to open at that date
- The Nursery Discount 2021 would also be extended for 3 months, at 100 percent, uncapped, for the period 1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021
- From 1 July 2021 to 31 March 2022, the Nursery Discount would apply at 66 percent relief for eligible properties, with a cash cap of £105,000
Business grants update
Previously available grants, such as those listed below, have now expired:
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum: Tier 4
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum: 5 January onwards
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector)
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open)
- Christmas Support Payment for ‘wet-led pubs’ (CSP)
- Closed Business Lockdown Payment
These grants were replaced with the 'Restart' Grants from 1 April 2021. The application closure date was 30 June 2021 and no applications can be made after this date.
Under the Restart Grant scheme, grants of up to £6,000 will be paid to non-essential retail business premises, to help them reopen safely. Grants of up to £18,000 will be allocated to hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym business premises.
Covid-19 grant scam text
We've been made aware of a Covid-19 grant text scam. Text messages are being sent to members of the public, claiming to offer a Covid-19 Grant due to the current lockdown.
The scam text starts with the words 'GOV.UK' and ends with 'govuk.com', suggesting that the text message has been sent on behalf of the Government. The text alsoincludes a link to 'claim' the grant. This is not a genuine text.
- Do not attempt to click on any links or provide any information
- If you receive a suspicious text report it to us at: NNDRGrants@wokingham.gov.uk
Business Rates service update
We will try to run our service as normally as possible, but there may be some delays with staff working from home. We will try to email you where possible, and will work hard to make sure that documents you post to us are scanned on to our system as quickly as possible to minimise delays.
We will still accept calls on 0118 974 6000, but there are likely to be some interruptions to the service. You can also email us at: email@example.com.