Business rates service
There was a business rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England for the 2020 to 2021 tax year. You do not need to do anything. It will have been applied to your bill in April 2020. Please note that:
- Council staff are working from home to help prevent the illness from spreading. We are attempting to run our service as normally as possible, but there may be some delays in communication
- We will try to email you where possible and will work hard to make sure that documents you post to us are scanned on to our system as quickly as possible to minimise delays
- We will still accept calls on 0118 974 6000, but there is likely to be some interruptions to the service. You can also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information read the business rates frequently asked questions (PDF document).
Business rates discount
As part of his Budget announcement on 3 March 2021, the Chancellor stated that the Government would provide additional business rates support for eligible retail, hospitality, leisure, and nursery businesses in England occupying a qualifying property.
As a temporary measure for 2021 to 2022, he announced that:
- The Expanded Retail Discount (2020/21) will be extended for 3 months for eligible properties, at 100 percent relief, uncapped, for the period 1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021
- From 1 July 2021 to 31 March 2022, the Expanded Retail Discount would apply at 66 percent relief for eligible properties in the scheme, with a cash cap of £2m for businesses that were required to close as of January 2021, and up to £105,000 for businesses permitted to open at that date
- The Nursery Discount 2021 would also be extended for 3 months, at 100 percent, uncapped, for the period 1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021
- From 1 July 2021 to 31 March 2022, the Nursery Discount would apply at 66 percent relief for eligible properties, with a cash cap of £105,000