Get ready before you apply
You can use our new online application form for Housing Benefit (and/or Council Tax Reduction). If you don’t have time to complete it in one go, you can save it and retrieve it at a later date (up to 14 days).
If you decide to save it, you will be given a reference, which you will need to keep safe, in order to return to your application.
Information you'll need
Before you start your online application, please make sure you have the following information to hand:
- The amount of rent you pay
- National insurance number for you (and your partner – if applicable)
- Income and capital for you (and your partner – if applicable)
- Income for other people that live with you (if applicable)
- Your Council Tax account number, if you have one
- The sort code and account number of the bank account you want your housing benefit paid in to