Register for online notifications
You can now receive your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction notifications by email instead of post.
It is important to remember the following:
- You must check your email account regularly
- You must tell us straight away, in writing, if you change your email address, or if your account becomes inactive
- You must check your notifications carefully and always tell us straight away, in writing, if any of your circumstances are different to what is in the letter
- You must adjust your spam filters so that any e-mail where the senders e-mail address includes “@wokingham.gov.uk” will not be treated as spam, and instead is delivered to your inbox
- E-mails are not a secure method of communication as they may be intercepted, and my lead to criminals obtaining information about you. To minimise this risk, we will not include sensitive information such as National Insurance Numbers, bank account numbers, or dates of birth in the letter
You will be able to view your letters in a PDF (Portable Document Format) file. You will need a PDF viewer, like Adobe Acrobat Reader to read them.
How to register
To register you'll be asked to provide:
- National Insurance Number
- Date of Birth
- Current claim reference
- E-mail Address
Register for paperless Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction notifications.
E-notification Important Information
- Important information on subscribing to E-notification
- It is your responsibility for maintaining a valid e-mail account to use the E-notification service
- The accuracy and validity of the e-mail address that you provide is entirely your responsibility
- Should your e-mail account ever become invalid or cease to be used or should you want the notifications sent to a different e-mail account, it is your responsibility to contact the Benefits Service straight away
- You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If an incorrect e-mail address is provided or is no longer operational resulting in the notification being delivered and returned to the Council, you will be automatically unsubscribed from the E-notifications service and the Council will revert to deliver paper based notifications instead