Risk of falling
Slips and trips, resulting in falls, represent the most frequent and serious type of accident in the over 65 age group. Many of these accidents take place at home and can result in serious injury - the good news is that many falls are preventable.
Community Falls Prevention Team
The team, run by Berkshire Health Care NHS Foundation Trust, offers:
- Home visits to carry out a full falls risk assessment
- An agreed falls-prevention plan
- Referral to services that will help to reduce the risk of falling
- Practical help to install equipment and rails when appropriate to minimise the risk of falls
- Information on local opportunities for exercise and other falls prevention measures
Prevention Occupational Therapy Service
Talks to local groups focussing on healthy ageing, exercise, keeping mobile, home safety and reducing the risk of falls are available.
To book a talk for your group please email the service by following the link at the bottom of the page, within the Online services section.