We provide a variety of services for people who may not meet the Council’s eligibility criteria.
The aim of these services is to help people to stay independent for longer and prevent, delay or reduce the need for more intensive services.
The services provided by the Council include:
Private and voluntary services
In addition to the council run services, please visit the following websites for information about private and voluntary sector prevention services:
We also support a wide range of services from the voluntary sector to help support people in the community:
- Support, advice and information services for a wide variety of groups with specific needs
- Information, advice and support for carers
- Drop in services for people with physical, mental health or learning difficulties
- Educational and cultural activities
- Health and fitness activities
- Visiting schemes
- Support for volunteers
- Supported housing and housing related support
Details of all these services are available on the Wokingham Information Network (WIN) and from Wokingham Direct.
Read our Community Care Prevention Plan to find out how to maintain your independence and find council-run services.