Wokingham Borough residents
If your child is starting primary school in September 2014 you will need to complete an application form, available from the School Admissions Team or apply online.
School application packs will be sent out in November 2013 for parents, living in the Wokingham borough, with children born on or between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 to apply for their child to start school in 2014/15.
The final information sessions for parents is being held on November 14, 2013 between 10am and 11.30am. The venue has now changed and this will be held at Wokingham Town Hall.
Please call 0118 974 6225 or email email@example.com to book your place.
Residents of other authorities
If you are resident in another local authority, you will need to complete the application form available from that authority. If you are applying for a Wokingham Borough junior school, your application will be forwarded to us for consideration. Please read our Parent's Guide to understand how places will be allocated. If you wish to apply for a Primary School, contact us for an application form or complete the school application pack request form.
Key dates for infant to junior transfers
- 12 November 2013: Distribution of application form and Guide to Parents.
- 12 November 2013: Online admissions opens
- 15 January 2014: Close date for application and deadline for providing evidence to meet criteria
- 16 April 2014: Offer day, letters posted first class, results can be viewed if applied online
- 30 April 2014: Deadline to accept offer of school place and waiting list information available
- 21 May 2014: Closing date for receipt of appeals to be heard together.
School open days and visits
See details of school open days and visits, below.
How places are allocated
Primary school places are allocated by our School Admissions Team, taking into account:
- Published admission arrangements
- The number of places available at each school
Own admission authority school admission policies 2014/15
To view the admission policies of the Voluntary Aided Schools, Academies and Free Schools please refer to the Parents Guide below or you can find them at school admissions 2014/15.
Amendment to Guide
Please note that the telephone number and website for Windmill Primary School are 0118 9029123 and www.windmillschool.org.