Apply for a school place online by January 15 2013: (site opens November 12 2012)
Wokingham Borough residents
If your child is moving to junior school (into year 3) in September 2013 you will need to complete an application form, available from your child’s infant school, on request from the School Admissions Team or apply online.
Residents of other authorities
If you are resident in another local authority, you will need to complete the application form available from that authority. If you are applying for a Wokingham Borough junior school, your application will be forwarded to us for consideration. Please read our Parent's Guide to understand how places will be allocated. If you child currently attends a primary school and you wish to apply for a Junior School, contact us for an application form or complete the school application pack request form.
Key dates for infant to junior transfers
- Mid November 2012: Distribution of application for (guide is available below to download)
- November 12 2012: Online admissions opens
- January 15 2013: Closing date for application and deadline for providing evidence to meet criteria
- April 16 2013: Offer day, Letters posted first class, Results can be viewed if applied online
- April 30 2013: Deadline to accept offer of school place and waiting list information available
- May 16 2013: Closing date for receipt of appeals to be heard together
School open days and visits
See details of school open days and visits, below.
How places are allocated
Junior school places are allocated by our School Admissions Team, taking into account:
- Published admission arrangements
- The number of places available at each school
Moving to a primary school
If you wish your child to move to a primary school this will be considered as an in-year admission after May half-term 2013. Consideration will firstly be given to any junior school applied for as part of the junior transfer.