What we do
We work with people to help them comply with Building Regulations. These regulations cover health and safety, energy conservation and disabled access. Read our Building Control Policy to find out more about how we can help.
It's our job to help and protect everyone by:
- Giving assistance and advice.
- Taking action when Regulations are breached.
- Prosecuting builders who consistently breach Building Regulations.
How we can help
- Help you prepare your building regulation application form
- Check that your application complies with Building Regulations and give our initial comments within 3 weeks.
- Call to see your building work on the same day (if your request is made before 10am.)
- Issue a free completion certificate when you finish the work satisfactorily.
Benefits of using our service
- We are independent, professionally qualified building control surveyors with over 100 years of experience.
- We are impartial and publicly accountable.
- We have unrivalled knowledge and extensive records.
- We have a close working relationship with other services - e.g. the Council's Planning, Disability Access and Trading Standards teams, the Fire and Rescue Service etc. whose advice is readily at hand when you need it.
- We are ISO 9001:2000 registered with BSI (British Standards Institution) website and audited every 6 months to ensure we're consistently providing a high quality service.