Contact the duty planner
The duty planner is available from 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday - except bank holidays:
You can also find detailed advice and case studies about planning permission and other planning issues if you visit the Planning Portal website.
How we can help
- If you need to visit the department, the planning reception desk is open from 10am to 3pm
- The duty planner can talk you through our policies and processes
- The duty planner can give informal general advice which is not site specific and will not prejudice a future formal planning decision
- For site specific proposals the duty planner will recommend using our pre-application advice service - there is a fee for this service
- The duty planner will be unable to advise whether or not planning permission is definitely required for a project - this can only be established through a certificate of lawfulness application
Registration and Fees
For queries about the registration of your application, including questions about fees or if we have received your documents, call 0118 974 6433.