What is Bikeability training?
Bikeability gives children the skills and confidence they need to cycle on roads.
All primary / junior schools in Wokingham borough now offer Bikeability training at school. This is funded by a Bikeability grant from the Department for Transport.
The training covers Bikeability Level 1 and 2 (combined).
To take part children normally have to be:
- 10 years or over by 31 August 2017
- Able to ride a bike competently
- Owners of a roadworthy bike and a cycle helmet
The next holiday course will be in the Easter holiday 2017.
Bikeability Level 3 holiday courses
If you have already passed Bikeability Level 2 and are a confident cyclist, then why not have a go at Level 3? Bikeability Level 3 training teaches you to cycle on more challenging roads and traffic situations, including complex junctions and busy roundabouts. To be eligible you need to satisfy the following conditions:
- Age 11 years or over by 31 August 2017
- Must have already passed Bikeability Level 2 and have experience of cycling on your own in traffic
- Must have a roadworthy bike suitable for road cycling (mountain bikes, hybrids or road bikes are fine, but not BMX- type bikes which don’t have gears)
- Must wear a cycle helmet
A course costs £10. To book a place please complete and return our Bikeability Level 3 cycle training consent form (PDF document.)
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 908 8208.
Order a cycle helmet
To order a child's cycle helmet you can print off our cycle helmet order form (PDF document) and send it back with payment to the address on the form.