North Wokingham Strategic Development Location map (click on image above for full size PDF version)
North Wokingham Strategic Development Location (SDL)
The North Wokingham major development site is an urban extension of Wokingham town, on land adjoining the Kentwood and Matthewsgreen neighbourhoods and Keep Hatch Beech. The development will bring new homes, a primary school and a neighbourhood centre with shopping facilities, open space and new roads including the North Wokingham Distributor Road. View the North Wokingham Strategic Development Location map showing the indicative masterplan PDF document.)
Get involved and help us build real communities, not just buildings. You can get involved in the following ways
- Community forums - We have created community forums for each major development area. The forums are your way to find out what is happening and to get involved. If you would like to be added to the email list for the North Wokingham forum, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'New residents' meetings and social groups - When there are about 100 new homes being lived in, we host a ‘new neighbours’ meeting to welcome new residents to Wokingham. We use this meeting to introduce ourselves, our partners and the services that we provide. We work with partners in this effort, usually the developers, Churches Together and housing associations. We encourage the residents to build relationships, establish a Facebook group, and then start a Residents Association. Some of the events we’ve held in the past include pub quiz nights and community lunches. This community development work is just starting in North Wokingham. If you are a new resident in Mulberry Grove and would like to receive emails about upcoming 'new neighbour' events, email us at email@example.com
- Read the Mulberry Grove, Wokingham Facebook page
The next community forum for the North Wokingham development area will be held in early spring 2017. The last forum was held on:
Wednesday 23 November from 7pm to 9pm at The Emmbrook Secondary School in the main hall. You can see related documents below:
Currently, there are 3 sites within the North Wokingham major development area that are complete. All of the other sites within the development area have outline planning permission, together with Keephatch Beech which secured outline planning permission in March 2015. A reserved matters application for Matthewsgreen phase 2A for 82 new homes was approved in July 2016 and a reserved matters application for phase 2B for 87 new homes has been received and will go to planning committee in late 2016. We have also received an application to adjust the alignment of the North Wokingham Relief Road in Kentwood Farm East, which includes an additional 10 houses, which was approved in November 2016.
The following developments have been completed
- The Carrilions – a development of 150 houses located off Plough Lane
- Buttercup Close – a development of 30 houses located off Plough Lane
- 65 Plough Lane – a development of 2 houses on land adjacent to 65 Plough Lane
Currently under construction
The following developments are under construction
- Kentwood East – a development of 274 houses and recreational open space; now at 209 occupations
- Matthewsgreen – Phase 1 (100 units) under construction; opened showhome in July and expect first occupation was in October 2016
- Matthewsgreen - Phase 2A (84 units) under construction
- Bell Farm - 127 new houses, a SANG (nature park) and part of the North Wokingham Distributor Road
- North Wokingham Distributor Road under construction
- Matthewsgreen - Phase 2B (87 homes, north west parcel adjacent Toutley Road) has been approved and pre-commencement works have begun with construction beginning in February 2017
- Keephatch Beech – outline permission was granted for 300 homes, a neighbourhood centre, recreational open space and roads including part of the North Wokingham Distributor Road. A detailed application was approved in July 2016 and archaeological works are currently underway with construction starting in spring 2017
Detailed applications are currently being processed for
- Matthewsgreen – outline permission has been granted for 760 houses, a primary school, a neighbourhood centre, recreational open space, a community centre, and roads including part of the North Wokingham Distributor Road. A detailed application has been approved for Phase 1, which is the first 100 homes, and is currently under construction with first houses occupied in October. A detailed application for the alignment of the North Wokingham Distributor Road through the site has also been submitted. The Northern Distributor Road roundabout at Twyford Road opened late June 2016
- Kentwood West – Northern Distributor Road through the site submitted
Outline permission has been granted at Kentwood West for 225 homes. The detailed application has not yet been submitted.
There are 2 development sites that cross the boundary with Bracknell Forest at Amen Corner:
- Amen Corner North - currently under construction. The portion of those developments which fall within Wokingham Borough are limited to outdoor recreational open space, which will likely be managed by Bracknell Forest Council.
- Land south of Foxley Lane - Bracknell Forest Council is currently considering an outline application for 350 houses, with open space, a primary school, a medical centre with a pharmacy, sports playing fields and pavilion. The application number for the Bracknell Forest application is 16/01196/OUT. The open space (SANG) is located in Wokingham Borough, application number 163396 and will go to Planning Committee in spring 2017.