Help make a difference delivering library services to the community
There is a wide range of volunteering opportunities in our libraries.
What volunteers do
Volunteers help provide additional library services, including
- Children’s story times, rhyme times and craft activities
- Clubs for young people such as Code club, writing groups and Lego club
- Home Library Service - selecting and delivering books to home-bound readers
- Library activities such as reminiscence groups and UK online sessions
Volunteering benefits the library service and makes a difference in the local community.
The personal benefits include
- Meeting new people
- Satisfaction from helping out in the community
- Developing skills and gaining experience
- Adding to your CV
- Having fun
Volunteers must be 16 years old and some roles have a minimum age of 18 years.
Training and support is provided for all volunteers.
To find out more