The CAN (Children with Additional Needs) Network is an information service for local families who have children with additional needs. It is used to help plan future services and to ensure that families receive relevant support.
Who can join?
The CAN Network is free to join but to qualify, your child must meet the following criteria:
- They have a permanent and substantial additional need.
- They cannot access, or need more support, to access mainstream services and activities, than another child.
- They are under 19 years old, and are resident in the Wokingham Borough.
Benefits of joining
Join the CAN Network and choose to receive a range of support services including:
- Regular email updates about events, activities and opportunities for children with additional needs and their carers.
- A free CAN Card for accessing discounts at various local and national leisure attractions. To apply for a CAN Card, email or post a recent photo (any size) of your child with your completed application form to: email@example.com (Posted photos will be returned along with the CAN Card.) CAN Cards need to be renewed every 5 years. To renew simply email or post a recent photo (no application form required).
- A CAN Passport: an 'all-about-me' book created individually for each child
Wokingham Information Network (WIN)
The Wokingham Information Network (WIN) is made up of information 'For Adults' and 'For Families'. Within 'For Families' there is a section containing information specifically for children with additional needs, including Leisure, Support Groups / Services and Holidays/ Holiday Playschemes.
Join the CAN Network
To join the CAN Network, complete an Application Form and email your Application Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org