Step into the Story Lab, and you're off on an imaginative adventure that knows no bounds atWokingham Borough libraries this summer.
To support the Story Lab scheme there will be lots of events at Wokingham Borough libraries throughout the summer for children aged four to 11-years-old. Events include:
- Author visits from local author, A.F. Harrold and a new author, Sam Gayton. They will be taking about their new books and there will be a book signing after each session.
- Get Arty where customers can come and make some amazing storytelling crafts, from storytelling fish to treasure boxes and mosaics.
- The Globetrotter’s Hot Pot, from Pottytree Puppets. Mrs Pottytree will be telling stories from around the world; customers will also be able to make a puppet to take home.
- Storyteller Tusitala will be sharing stories from around the world with fun tales from Africa to Europe.
- George and the Dragon - A Tale of Two Halves. The library story tent will de staging a dramatisation of George and the Dragon. The production is very amateur and guaranteed to be historically inaccurate! There will be crafts and refreshments available.
All sessions must be booked by calling the relevant library, there is also a small charge for some of the sessions (please see notes to editors).
Elizabeth McDonald, reader development officer for young people and families, said: "The Story Lab activities are a great way to keep children entertained over the holidays, so come along and join in? Don’t forget to sign up for the summer reading challenge as well while you’re in the library."
For a full list of events available this summer please visit: www.wokingham.gov.uk/libraries/events/summerchallenge