Let us know if you're struggling to pay
Contact us as soon as you can if you're struggling to pay your Council Tax.
How we can help
If you're finding it hard to pay your Council Tax we can offer the following help:
- You can choose to spread your Council Tax payments over 12 months instead of 10. Contact us and we can set this up for you
- You may be offered a one-off discount if you still can’t pay what you owe
Are you entitled to any Benefits?
- Check if you’re eligible for a Council Tax Reduction if you’re on a low income or get benefits
- Check if you qualify for a reduced Council Tax bill, e.g. if you live on your own
- Use the Gov.uk website calculator to find out if you're entitled to any other Benefits, e.g. Housing Benefit, Income Support, Child Tax Credits, etc.
Contact one of the following organisations to receive independent, confidential advice:
What happens if you don't pay
Council Tax is a priority debt. It is important that you get help as soon as you can if you're struggling to pay it. Non-payment of Council Tax could result in a prison sentence or bankruptcy. Visit the Gov.uk website to find out what more about Council Tax arrears and what happens if you don't pay your Council Tax.