The Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act was created to
- Safeguard information organisations hold about you
- Gives you the right to know what information is held about you
What you can do
What we will do
- Acknowledge requests within 5 working days, request proof of identity and fee of £10 set by law
- Respond to requests within 40 calendar days once the £10 fee is processed and identity has been verified
- Provide you with a copy of any personal information held
- Explain any technical terms contained
- Tell you any information we have about the source of the information
- Tell you the purposes for processing the information
- Tell you who the information is shared with
What if the information about me is wrong?
If any information about you we send is wrong tell us what needs correcting.
We will tell you what we have done within 21 days of receiving your request.
If we do not agree the information is incorrect you can ask us to record your disagreement on our records.
To find out more see the Information Commissioner's Office website.
You can contact us in writing at
Wokingham Borough Council