We will be holding information sessions for on 5 March at 6pm for those interested standing in the Borough or Parish/Town Council elections which are scheduled to take place on 3 May 2018.
Nomination packs will be available at that meeting or from our office the following day.
Key dates for local elections
- Briefing for candidates and agents on the nomination process – 6pm, 5 March
- Publication of notice of election - 26 March
- Deadline for delivery of nomination papers - 4pm, 6 April
- Deadline for the notification of appointment of election agent (not Parish) - 4pm, 6 April
- Publication of statement of persons nominated - 4pm, 9 April
- Briefing for candidates and agents on Polling Day - 6pm, 10 April
- Deadline for registering to vote - 17 April
- Deadline for new postal vote applications and changes to existing postal or proxy votes - 5pm, 18 April
- Publication of notice of poll - Not later than 25 April
- Deadline for new proxy vote applications - 5pm, 25 April
- Polling day - Thursday 3 May, 7am to 10pm