We should be alerted to all cases where it is alleged that a person who works with children has
- Behaved in a way that has harmed or may have harmed a child.
- Possibly committed a criminal offence against children or related to a child.
- Behaved towards a child in a way that indicates he or she is unsuitable to work with children.
Report your concerns
Report your concerns to the Local Authority Designated Officer:
The role applies to
- Paid or unpaid workers
- Casual workers
- Agency workers
- People who are self employed
The Local Authority Designated Officer is involved from the first stage of an allegation to the end of the case.
- Offer advice and guidance
- Make sure we share information with the right people
- Monitor investigations to make sure they are resolved as quickly as possible
Report an allegation if you're a professional
To notify us of an allegation, please complete our: