Contact us for a competitive and fully inclusive charge.
Building Control inspections
We offer an experienced, high quality inspection service to ensure your work is carried out and completed to a compliant standard.
Work shown on building plans may be in accordance with the building regulations, but it is the work on site, which frequently departs from the approved drawings, that's also required to comply with the building regulations. For this reason, we place great emphasis on our inspection process - our Customer Charter (PDF document) based on all necessary inspections being carried out at the appropriate stages of construction.
If you're a developer, it's in your interest that our first class inspections of your property take place. This will ensure that any faults found are corrected at that time, rather than costly problems occurring later. If you are a building owner, we act in your interest to ensure that you don't inherit any problems by way of major defects becoming apparent later.
If you are in any doubt over building regulation requirements, would like to discuss our inspection service, or require further information, you can always come down to our offices.
What our service offers
The Building Control service will
- Provide a checking service to help you achieve compliance with building regulations
- Support and advise you on how to achieve the result you want (though this is not a substitute for professional design and construction advice)
- Help with aspects of quality (workmanship and materials) where these affect compliance with building regulations, but not where they don't have an impact on compliance
- Ensure that all building regulations which are set in the interests of the wider public good are complied with at completion
The Building Control service will not:
- Be responsible for compliance - that is the duty of the person carrying out the work (if work is found not to comply with building regulations, the person responsible could be prosecuted, and the owner of the building may be required to put the work right)
- Manage every stage of the construction process on site - that is a matter for the contract and arrangements made between the client and their builder
- Address such issues as the finish and aesthetics of the final project where these are not relevant to compliance with building regulations - these are a matter for designers, developers, builders and, to some extent, new home warranty providers
- Deal with contractual problems between client and builder - this is a matter of contract law