How to book a wedding
- Choose your venue and make a provisional booking with them
- Phone us to discuss your potential date and time
- Pay your fee to us for our Registrar service
- Confirm your booking with your venue - if it isn't our venue
Fees for our Registrar Service
- Monday to Thursday - £407
- Friday and Saturday - £469
- Sunday and Bank Holidays - £534 Choose your venue and make a provisional booking with them
Payment can be made by cheque made payable to Wokingham Borough Council, cash or card (excluding American Express.) An extra charge of £2.00 applies to payments made by credit card.
What happens after booking
- A letter confirming details of your booking
- Information about your legal requirement to give notice
- A wedding pack including the details of your ceremony form (PDF document) that allows you to personalise your ceremony - complete and return this as soon as possible
On the day
- Before the ceremony starts the Registrar or Civil Partnership Officer will need to check that the details given during the 'legal notice' appointment are updated
- If you prefer each person can be interviewed separately to avoid seeing each other before the ceremony
- If you choose to be interviewed together arrive 20 minutes before the ceremony is due to start
- If you choose to be interviewed separately partner 1 arrives 30 minutes before and partner 2 arrives 15 minutes before
If you want to discuss your ceremony more you can book a 30 minute appointment with us two to three weeks before hand.
Appointments are during normal working hours and cost £22.
Phone 0118 974 6000 to make an appointment.