Our Nationality Checking Service
The Nationality Checking Service is a partnership between us and UK Visas and Immigration.
To use the service you have to make an appointment.
What we do
- Check your application forms have been completed correctly
- Photocopy supporting evidence such as passports and marriage certificates (originals will be returned to you).
- Check the correct fee has been submitted
How to book an appointment
Check the Gov.uk website citizenship information first to find out if you can become a British citizen.
To make an appointment call 0118 974 6554. All applicants over the age of 18 must attend the Nationality Checking Service appointment. Children must be resident in the UK to apply for British Citizenship.
Appointments last for about an hour.
- Adult application - £78
- Child application - £57
The full fee is paid when you book the appointment and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you fail to attend, arrive late or don't have the correct documents no refund will be given. We do not move appointments.
What you need to bring
- Completed citizenship application form with a passport size photograph - visit Gov.uk website citizenship information for application form for British citizenship
- Original copy of qualifications that meet both parts of the Knowledge of Language of Life requirement - visit Gov.uk website knowledge of language and life information to find out more as it's your responsibility to have correct documentation
- You must have all of the relevant documents
- If you don't have passports to cover the required residency period you will need to supply other documentation to support your application
- EEA (European Economic Area) Nationals are required to have a passport plus and employee's letter, P60s and wage slip to cover the residency period
- The citizenship application fee - payable to the Home Office
- The checking service fee - must be paid separately from the citizenship application fee
What happens next
The Home Office will write to you to advise you of the outcome of your application.