Who can use the service?
The European Passport Return Service (EPRS) is a partnership between us and UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI.) We offer this service to EEA (European Economic Area) or Swiss Nationals who have completed an online application to the UKVI, either for permanent residence or to register for qualified person status.
How can this service help me?
Using our service means that we will take a certified copy of your passport and send it to the UKVI, together with your supporting documentation. This means that you can hold on to your original passport while your application is being considered by the UKVI.
How to use the service
1. Complete an online application, either for a permanent residence card or to register as a qualified person.
2. Print out your checklist and application and note your Payment Notification Number (PNN). This can be found at the top of the checklist.
3. Call us on 0118 974 6554, tell us you wish to use the European Passport Return Service and be ready to quote your PNN number. We will take the payment by phone and advise you on our opening hours and what you need to bring with you.
4. Drop in - Monday to Friday, between 9am to 12 noon, and 2pm to 4pm (except the first and third Wednesday afternoon of each month.)
No appointment is necessary. Waiting times may vary. Please make your payment before dropping in.
5. The UKVI requires you to bring your application, passport and supporting documentation to a participating EPRS office within 10 working days of your online application. You should bring with you
- Your completed checklist and a print out of your application
- Your current passport - this will be copied and certified and then returned to you
- Your supporting documentation which must be in the order on the checklist (this is a UKVI requirement)
How much does it cost?
The cost of the service is £24.50 per person (or £15 per passport plus £12 postage for a multiple application. This includes the postage by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
What happens next?
We will send your application, supporting documentation and the certified copy of your passport to the UKVI. They will then contact you directly after that.
Please note that we can't check the suitability of your supporting documentation or give you advice on your application as we are not qualified to do so.
For more details about the European Passport Return Service email us at email@example.com or call us on 0118 974 6554.