Second Adult Rebate is only available to people of state pension age.
- You may be able to get Second Adult Rebate even if you do not normally get Council Tax Reduction
- If you already get Council Tax Reduction you will not need to claim Second Adult Rebate
- Second Adult Rebate will be based on the circumstances of the other adults in your household
- Your income and savings will not affect Second Adult Rebate
There are occasions when you could be entitled to Council Tax Reduction or Second Adult Rebate. We will pay you the one that gives you most.
The following rules apply
- You must be the sole person liable for Council Tax at the address
- You must share your home with one or more adults over 18 who are on a low income and are not your partner
- If your partner is disregarded for Council Tax purposes you may be able to claim
- You can’t claim if anyone pays you rent to live in your house such as a sub-tenant or a boarder
We will ask for details of all income, including benefits, of the other adults that live with you. The amount of Second Adult Rebate that you get depends on their total income. It is paid as a fixed percentage reduction in your Council Tax of 25 percent, 15 percent or 7.5 percent.
Apply for Second Adult Rebate