Volunteers make a real difference by helping to deliver library services to their local community, that we would otherwise not be able to provide. There are several opportunities to volunteer with the libraries and community learning. Contact us to find out more.
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers currently help with:
- Delivering books to home library readers
- Supporting children and young people's activities in the libraries
- Preparing Bookstart packs at our stuffing parties
- Helping out at library events
Who can volunteer?
We welcome volunteers of all ages. There are a range of volunteering opportunities available, at different times and locations across the Borough.
- No previous experience is necessary
- Full training and support is given
- Volunteer expenses are reimbursed
- Volunteer social events are held twice a year
Some volunteer roles require a CRB (Crminal Records Bureau)check to ensure the protection of vulnerable residents. We will advise you how this process is carried out.
People become volunteers for lots of different reasons including:
- Meeting new people
- Giving something back
- Helping out in the community
- Developing skills
- Adding to their CV
- Having fun